Wednesday, December 12, 2007

Retrieval Update

Today has been such a great day.

Our appointment was at 8:20 this morning. My husband did his part (with a little help from me... :->). Hoping his boys perform well now. It was so funny. The happy room is this little closet in the main lobby. Of course, everyone else is there doing the same thing but the lobby was standing room only and when we walked out it was a bit embarrassing knowing that everyone looking at us knew what we had just done.

We decided to drive to Vienna today. Zlin is a small town with no tourist value and I was going crazy there. So - we got in the car and drove to Austria. Beautiful drive. Austria ia stunning.

On the way to Austria we got a call from the clinic with the results of the retieval. Our donor was so amazing and gave us 25 eggs! We are just praying for quality and several to make it to blastocysts, now for a 5 day transfer.

So - back to Vienna - beautiful city. the Christmas Markets here are even more wonderful than the ones in Prague. Vienna is my kind of city. I could so easily live here. Absolutley love it. we are thinking of skipping Cesky Krumlov to spens a couple of extra days here.

We will get our fertiliation report tomorrow and should know if we will be doing a day 3 or day 5 transfer.

Mentally and Physically I am in such a great place. I can't imagine being in a better state for transfer. I will say - there are several downsides to this IVF abroad deal, which I will post about once home and settled because I do want to be very honest about this experience but the vacaiton part of it truly does help this go more smoothly. I'm not obsessed and stressed like I always am during a cycle. It's been fantastic so far.

Will post again tomorrow once we have an update.

Thanks so much for all of the well wishes - they mean so much!

2 comments:

Kami said...

I'm glad you are enjoying your vacation and everything is going so well on the IVF front.

I will be looking forward to updates!

stacyb said...

great news! and what a nice way to get it...driving to austria for a day trip.

i'll check back.